TableBuilder is an online tool for creating tables, graphs and maps using ABS microdata. There are two TableBuilder systems: Census TableBuilder and TableBuilder for all other datasets.
The TableBuilder User Guide provides detailed information about both systems, including practical examples and video tutorials.
- select, customise, create and save tables and customised data
- display counts, percentages and relative standard errors in your tables
- calculate means, medians, quantiles and ranges for continuous variables
- produce output as tables, graphs or maps (maps are currently available for Census TableBuilder datasets only)
- download tables as CSV, Excel and SDMX files
- download graphs or maps as PDF and KMZ files
- create, save and share customised geographic areas and recodes with other users.
| Census 2006, 2011 & 2016 datasets:|
Census TableBuilder BasicLogin
Census TableBuilder Basic & ProLogin
Census TableBuilder contains datasets from the Census of Population and Housing. There are two levels of access:
Supporting material for Census TableBuilder datasets:
|TableBuilder for all other datasets:|
See How to apply to register
|TABLEBUILDER FOR ALL OTHER DATASETS|
There are many datasets available in TableBuilder available for subscription, listed on the Available microdata page. There are a wide range of topics including health, education, labour force, preschool education, migrants, motor vehicles, crime, disabilities, ageing and carers. Some datasets provide access to ABS survey results, while other datasets are administrative data collected by other organisations.
AVAILABLE DATA AND ACCESS
A list of available TableBuilder datasets as well as supporting material are linked on the Available microdata page. Each dataset links to a microdata publication, with the TableBuilder variables listed in a Data Item List on the Downloads tab.
See How to Apply to register for and access free and subscribed TableBuilder datasets. Census TableBuilder Basic datasets can also be accessed without registering, as a guest user.
Further assistance is available for paid TableBuilder subscribers via the help desk support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, for assistance with your table results, fill in a request for an Information Consultancy quote. This is a charged service.