DECEMBER KEY FIGURES
November 2016 to December 2016
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
December Qtr 2016
September Qtr 2016 to December Qtr 2016
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
DECEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in December 2016. This follows a rise of 0.3% in November 2016 and a rise of 0.3% in October 2016.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.1% in December 2016. This follows a rise of 0.1% in November 2016 and a rise of 0.4% in October 2016.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.2% in December 2016 compared with December 2015.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in December 2016: Food retailing (0.4%), Household goods retailing (0.3%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.2%), Department Stores (0.1%) and Other retailing (0.1%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in December 2016: New South Wales (0.3%), Victoria (0.4%), Queensland (0.3%), South Australia (0.1%), Western Australia (0.1%), Tasmania (0.3%), the Northern Territory (0.6%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.2%).
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover rose 0.3% in the December quarter 2016.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|January 2017 ||6 March 2017|
|February 2017 ||3 April 2017|
|March 2017 ||9 May 2017|
|April 2017 ||1 June 2017|
|May 2017 ||4 July 2017|
|June 2017 ||4 August 2017|
This issue includes quarterly measures of total turnover per capita. The full time series is available from the Downlaods tab of this publication on the ABS website.
Updated online retail turnover estimates for the December 2016 reference month are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
Original estimates for Other retailing n.e.c. have been revised as a result of an updated industry classification for survey respondents. To minimise the impact of revisions this change has been applied from October 2013. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to revisions to original estimates and the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.