FEBRUARY KEY FIGURES
Jan 10 to Feb 10
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
FEBRUARY KEY POINTS
Current prices -
- The trend estimate increased 0.1% in February 2010. This follows a 0.2% increase in January 2010 and a 0.2% increase in December 2009.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate decreased 1.4% in February 2010. This follows a 1.1% increase in January 2010 and a 0.8% decrease in December 2009.
- In original terms, Australian turnover decreased 11.9% in February 2010. Australian turnover increased 3.4% in February 2010 compared with February 2009.
- The following industries increased in trend terms in February 2010: Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Other retailing (0.4%), Department stores (0.2%) and Household good retailing (0.1%). Food retailing (-0.1%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%) both decreased in February 2010.
- The following states and territories increased in trend terms in February 2010: Western Australia (0.6%), the Northern Territory (0.4%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.3%), Victoria (0.2%) and South Australia (0.1%). New South Wales (-0.1%), Queensland (-0.1%) and Tasmania (-0.1%) all decreased in February 2010.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|March 2010 ||6 May 2010|
|April 2010 ||1 June 2010|
|May 2010 ||1 July 2010|
|June 2010 ||3 August 2010|
|July 2010 ||31 August 2010|
|August 2010 ||5 October 2010|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Katlean Pussell on Sydney (02) 9268 4568.
This page last updated 5 May 2010