SUB-MAJOR GROUP 36 SKILLED ANIMAL AND HORTICULTURAL WORKERS
SKILLED ANIMAL AND HORTICULTURAL WORKERS care for, groom, train and shear animals, assist Veterinarians, establish and maintain gardens, parks and surfaces used for sport, and prepare and sell floral arrangements and flowers.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- caring for and grooming animals
- training animals to obey commands and perform in competitions
- shearing wool and hair from animals
- assisting Veterinarians to perform procedures and operations
- arranging supply and storage of flowers and selecting, trimming and arranging flowers and decorations
- planning, constructing and maintaining gardens, parks and surfaces used for sports
- selecting seeds, bulbs and cuttings, and planting them in beds, lawn areas and tubs