This group covers horticultural production and horticultural science.
- the propagation and culture of garden or horticultural crops (including production methods such as tissue culture, glasshouse techniques and hydroponics);
- fruit crops;
- viticulture and oenology;
- flower production, ornamental crops and nursery stock;
- propagating and growing vegetable crops (including mushrooms and fungi consumed as food);
- post harvest treatment of horticultural crops;
- lawns for aesthetic or sporting purposes.
This group has six fields:
070601 Horticultural Crop Growth and Development
070602 Horticultural Crop Improvement (Selection and Breeding)
070603 Horticultural Crop Protection (Pests, Diseases and Weeds)
070604 Oenology and Viticulture
070605 Post Harvest Horticultural Technologies (incl. Transportation and Storage)
070699 Horticultural Production not elsewhere classified
a) Food science, including food processing and packaging, is included in Group 0908 Food Sciences.
b) Genetic engineering of horticultural crops is included in Group 1001 Agricultural Biotechnology.
c) Biological control of pests, diseases and exotic species is included in Group 1002 Environmental Biotechnology.