MINOR GROUP 141 ACCOMMODATION AND HOSPITALITY MANAGERS
ACCOMMODATION AND HOSPITALITY MANAGERS organise and control the operations of establishments which provide accommodation and hospitality services.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning and organising special functions, sporting, gaming and entertainment activities
- directing and overseeing reservation, reception, room service and housekeeping activities
- observing liquor, gaming, health and other laws and regulations
- monitoring quality at all stages of preparation and presentation of food and services
- controlling the selection, training and supervision of staff
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations