UNIT GROUP 7112 INDUSTRIAL SPRAYPAINTERS
INDUSTRIAL SPRAYPAINTERS operate spray painting equipment to paint and apply other industrial coatings to manufactured items.
Vehicle Painters are excluded from this unit group. Vehicle Painters are included in Unit Group 3243 Vehicle Painters.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- grinding, sanding and cleaning surfaces of items to be painted
- loading paint, oil, lacquer, varnish and rustproofing agents into spray equipment
- connecting hoses to spray equipment and adjusting spray nozzles to required pressure
- securing items to be sprayed within spray booths or placing them onto conveyors
- directing spray guns to apply even coatings
- moving items to drying areas and stacking them for further painting and packaging
- starting and monitoring extractor and drying fans, and heaters
- cleaning nozzles, containers and hoses of equipment
- may operate paint dipping baths
- may mix coating solutions and regulate their temperature
711211 Industrial Spraypainter
711211 INDUSTRIAL SPRAYPAINTER
Operates spray painting equipment to paint and apply other industrial coatings to manufactured items.
Skill Level: 4