MINOR GROUP 711 MACHINE OPERATORS
MACHINE OPERATORS operate stationary machines to process, manufacture, treat and finish a range of products.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- fixing attachments to machines, setting controls and loading material to be processed
- starting machines, observing operation and adjusting controls to regulate temperature, pressure, intake of raw materials and speed
- sampling output for defects and variations, and adjusting machine settings accordingly
- unloading and storing output
- cleaning and lubricating machines and performing minor repairs