UNIT GROUP 6212 ICT SALES ASSISTANTS
ICT SALES ASSISTANTS sell computing and telecommunications related goods and services in retail and wholesale establishments.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- determining customer requirements and advising on product range, price, delivery, warranties and product use and care
- demonstrating and explaining to customers the establishment's goods and services
- selling computers, computer peripherals, software, mobile telephones and telephone accessories and services such as Internet access and mobile telephone plans
- accepting payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods and preparing sales invoices
- assisting with the ongoing management of stock such as product inventories and participating in stocktakes
- stacking and displaying goods for sale, and wrapping and packing goods sold
621211 ICT Sales Assistant
621211 ICT SALES ASSISTANT
Sells computing and telecommunications related goods and services in a retail or wholesale establishment.
Skill Level: 5