UNIT GROUP 4517 TRAVEL ATTENDANTS
TRAVEL ATTENDANTS provide services for the safety and comfort of passengers in aircraft, ships and railway sleeping cars.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- managing safety and emergency procedures and making public announcements
- coordinating the sale of goods to passengers and completion of any customs and immigration documentation which may be required
- conducting safety checks and demonstrations of safety equipment and procedures
- assisting passengers in emergency drills, carrying out emergency procedures, assisting and directing passengers in emergencies
- checking passengers' tickets and directing them to seats and cabins
- tidying aircraft, ship and railway cabins, and receiving and stowing food, equipment and cabin baggage
- operating galleys, preparing and heating food for passengers, and serving refreshments and meals
- distributing reading material, pillows, blankets and other amenities for the comfort of passengers
451711 Flight Attendant
451799 Travel Attendants nec
451711 FLIGHT ATTENDANT
Provides services for the safety and comfort of aircraft passengers.
Skill Level: 3
Cabin Supervisor (Aircraft)
Crew Attendant (Air Force)
451799 TRAVEL ATTENDANTS NEC