UNIT GROUP 4516 TOURISM AND TRAVEL ADVISERS
TOURISM AND TRAVEL ADVISERS plan and organise travel and accommodation for clients, and provide travel and accommodation information to tourists.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining clients' requirements for travel, accommodation and special interests
- suggesting itineraries based on available travel routes and cost, availability and convenience of transport
- making and confirming travel and accommodation reservations and informing clients of bus, plane, ship and train connections
- notifying clients of travel dates, baggage limits, and medical and visa requirements
- providing information on tourist attractions and tour availability, and procedures for dealing with lost and stolen documents
- assisting with travel clearances
- collecting payments and issuing clients' itineraries, relevant documentation, tickets for travel and vouchers for accommodation
- providing information on travel insurance, relevant government regulations such as customs regulations, and use of credit cards and traveller's cheques
- answering inquiries from tourists and offering suggestions about tours, travel routes, accommodation and local customs
- providing literature and information on local and interstate tours and places of interest
- discussing transport availability and cost
- may work in a call centre
451611 Tourist Information Officer
451612 Travel Consultant
451611 TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICER
Provides travel and accommodation information to tourists. May work in a call centre.
Skill Level: 4
451612 TRAVEL CONSULTANT
Plans travel, accommodation and associated arrangements for clients and makes travel bookings. May work in a call centre.
Skill Level: 4
Business Travel Consultant
Domestic Travel Consultant
International Travel Consultant