NATIONAL REGIONAL PROFILE UPDATE
Introduction (New - May 2013)
New data (New - May 2013)
Easy to find, easy to use (New - May 2013)
The latest National Regional Profile (NRP) - with updated and new data - was released on 27 May 2013.
This is a great place to start to find data for your region - there are around 3,100 profiles for a variety of region types - from small regions like local government areas and Statistical Area Level 2, to Greater Capital City Statistical Areas, and all the states/territories as well as Australia.
This NRP update contains nearly 400 data items from the ABS and other sources.
ABS data sources include:
- Counts of Australian Businesses, including Entries and Exits - Now back in the NRP
- Estimates of Personal Income for Small Areas
- Wage and Salary Earner Statistics for Small Areas
- Building Approvals
- Population Census 2011 - See new data items like travel to work, youth engagement, industry of employment
- Estimated Resident Population
- Motor Vehicle Census
- Agricultural Commodities
- Value of Agricultural Commodities Produced
- Water Use on Australian Farms.
Other data sources include:
Easy to Find, Easy to Use
- Australian Taxation Office
- Department for Families, Housing, Communities and Indigenous Affairs
- Department of Veterans' Affairs - See new data on Service Pensions and Income Support Supplements
- Department of Employment, Education and Workplace Relations
- Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Tertiary Education
- Australian Bureau of Agriculture and Resource Economics - NEW SERIES! Data on Land Use
- Geoscience Australia - NEW SERIES! Data on Dynamic Land Cover.
The NRP can be found from the ABS Home Page
(just click on 'National Regional Profile' in the links on the left of the page) or use this URL and bookmark it in your 'Favourites' now www.abs.gov.au/NationalRegionalProfile
Find your region using the map, list or address search and then data is just one click away.
You can also find all the data for all the regions - see the 'Data for all regions' button above the map.
Suggestions about how to improve the NRP are always welcome. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This page last updated 29 October 2013