Australian Bureau of Statistics
1003.0 - LEP Newsletter (Issue No. 49), Aug 2004
Previous ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 26/08/2004
|Page tools: Print Page Print All RSS Search this Product|
eLEP Web Service - More access to more information!
With a free eLEP subscription libraries can access every ABS publication issued since 1998. This is more than 10 times as much as is available in the old LEP Core Lists. And of course the publications are available from 11.30 am on the day of release - no more waiting for the mail.
The ABS is focussing more and more on electronic publishing over time and fewer titles are being produced as printed publications. The best way to ensure your library maintains access to the information clients need is to subscribe to ABS web services such as eLEP.
Such is the level of interest in eLEP that many LEP libraries have taken the opportunity to launch the service to their councils and communities. Visit the eLEP web page for more information.
8 good reasons to subscribe to the eLEP service:
2. Many times more ABS titles than the LEP Core Lists
3. Web access on the ABS web site - no passwords
4. Connect your branch libraries - extend access to statistical information
5. Access information as soon as it is released. No more waiting for publications to arrive in the mail
6. Release shelf space in your library and save staff time with less accessioning, shelving and weeding ABS titles
7. Get the best of both worlds - subscribe to the eLEP service and, for LEP member libraries, also receive the hard copy ABS Flagship titles
8. Print complete publications to add to your library's collection - or not , as you wish. Your service, your choice!
Does eLEP need any special software?
The eLEP service requires commonly used software already used in most organisations. Your library will need to have:
New eLEP subscribers
These documents will be presented in a new window.
This page last updated 23 May 2007