JULY KEY FIGURES
Jun '08 to Jul '08
Jul '07 to Jul '08
|Short-term Visitor Arrivals |
|Seasonally adjusted |
|Short-term Resident Departures |
|Seasonally adjusted |
|. . not applicable |
JULY KEY POINTS
SHORT-TERM VISITOR ARRIVALS
SHORT-TERM RESIDENT DEPARTURES
- Trend estimates: Short-term visitor arrivals to Australia during July 2008 (475,700 movements), rose by 0.2% compared with June 2008 (474,500 movements). This followed monthly increases of 0.3% each for May and June 2008.
- Currently, trend estimates for arrivals are 1.4% higher than in July 2007.
- Seasonally adjusted estimates: During July 2008, arrivals (501,400 movements) increased by 7.8% compared with June 2008 (465,400 movements). This followed a small monthly decrease for May 2008 and a monthly decrease of 2.1% for June 2008.
- Original estimates: There were 531,600 arrivals to Australia in July 2008.
- Trend estimates: Short-term resident departures from Australia during July 2008 (484,500 movements), recorded a 0.2% increase compared with June 2008 (483,700 movements). This followed monthly increases of 0.3% for May 2008 and 0.2% for June 2008.
- Currently, trend estimates for departures are 5.8% higher than in July 2007.
- Seasonally adjusted estimates: During July 2008, departures (481,900 movements) increased by 1.1% compared with June 2008 (476,500 movements). This followed a monthly increase of 2.1% for May 2008 and a monthly decrease of 3.4% for June 2008.
- Original estimates: There were 483,500 departures from Australia during July 2008.
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|August 2008 ||3 October 2008|
|September 2008 ||6 November 2008|
|October 2008 ||8 December 2008|
|November 2008 ||12 January 2009|
|December 2008 ||6 February 2009|
|January 2009 ||6 March 2009|
This publication contains movement data which should not be interpreted as 'persons'. See paragraph 5 of the Explanatory Notes for more detail.
The statistics in this publication have been rounded to the nearest 100 for short-term movements and to the nearest 10 for permanent and long-term movements. As a result, sums of the components may not add exactly to totals. Analysis featured in this publication is based on unrounded data. Calculations made on rounded data may differ to those published.
Annual seasonal adjustment reanalysis
: The seasonally adjusted and trend series have been updated following the annual review of the seasonal adjustment process. This review provides an opportunity to confirm the extent to which movements are affected by seasonal or irregular influences. As a result, the seasonally adjusted and trend estimates of a number of series have been revised. Additionally, French Polynesia is now disseminated as a seasonally adjusted series in this product's associated time series spreadsheets.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Anne Ward on Canberra (02) 6252 6871.
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram