MAY KEY FIGURES
April 2015 to May 2015
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
MAY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in May 2015. This follows a rise of 0.3% in April 2015 and a rise of 0.3% in March 2015.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.3% in May 2015. This follows a fall of 0.1% in April 2015 and a rise of 0.2% in March 2015.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 4.4% in May 2015 compared with May 2014.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in May 2015: Food retailing (0.2%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.8%), Household goods retailing (0.3%) and Other retailing (0.2%). Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.0%) and Department stores (0.0%) were relatively unchanged.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in May 2015: New South Wales (0.3%), Victoria (0.3%), Queensland (0.2%), South Australia (0.3%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.3%) and Tasmania (0.2%). Western Australia (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. The Northern Territory (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in May 2015.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|June 2015 ||4 August 2015|
|July 2015 ||3 September 2015|
|August 2015 ||2 October 2015|
|September 2015 ||4 November 2015|
|October 2015 ||4 December 2015|
|November 2015 ||8 January 2016|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the May 2015 reference month. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.