FEBRUARY KEY FIGURES
Jan 2012 to Feb 2012
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
FEBRUARY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in February 2012. This follows a rise of 0.1% in January 2012 and a rise of 0.1% in December 2011.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.2% in February 2012. This follows a rise of 0.3% in January 2012 and a relatively unchanged December 2011 (0.0%).
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.5% in February 2012 compared with February 2011.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in February 2012: Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.7%), Other retailing (0.3%) and Department stores (0.4%). Food retailing (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Household goods retailing (-0.6%) fell in trend terms in February 2012.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in February 2012: Queensland (0.4%), Western Australia (0.6%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.4%) and the Northern Territory (0.2%). Victoria (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. New South Wales (-0.3%), South Australia (-0.1%) and Tasmania (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in February 2012.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|March 2012 ||7 May 2012|
|April 2012 ||30 May 2012|
|May 2012 ||4 July 2012|
|June 2012 ||2 August 2012|
|July 2012 ||3 September 2012|
|August 2012 ||4 October 2012|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Ben Dorber on Sydney (02) 9268 4723.