UNIT GROUP 6112 INSURANCE AGENTS
In New Zealand:
INSURANCE AGENTS represent insurance companies in selling insurance to clients.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- interviewing clients to identify their insurance needs
- explaining to clients details of insurance and conditions, risk coverage, premiums and benefits
- assisting clients to determine the type and level of coverage required
- calculating premiums and establishing method of payment
- reviewing clients' circumstances to ensure that the level and coverage of insurance is still appropriate
- settling and monitoring insurance claims to ensure that both client and insurer are satisfied with the outcome
- recording information about clients and their policies
- identifying and drawing up lists of potential clients from a variety of sources and contacting them to arrange interviews
- keeping up-to-date with changes in the insurance industry and informing clients of new developments
611211 INSURANCE AGENT
Represents insurance companies in selling insurance to clients. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 3 Australia, 2 New Zealand
Life Assurance Representative