Plans travel, accommodation and associated arrangements for clients, and makes travel bookings.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- ascertains requirements for travel, accommodation and special interests of clients
- suggests itineraries based on available travel routes and cost, availability and convenience of transport
- makes and confirms travel and accommodation reservations and informs clients of bus, plane, ship and train connections
- notifies clients of travel dates, baggage limits, medical and visa requirements
- provides information on tourist attractions or tours available, and procedures regarding lost or stolen documents
- maintains records of transactions
- assists with travel clearances
- issues clients' itineraries, relevant documentation and tickets for travel and vouchers for accommodation
- collects payments
- provides information on travel insurance, overseas climate and customs, relevant government regulations and use of credit cards or travellers' cheques