7299-11 Industrial Spray Painter
Operates spray painting equipment to paint or apply other industrial coatings to manufactured items.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- grinds, sandpapers or cleans surfaces of items to be painted
- loads paint, oil, lacquer, varnish or rustproofing agents into spray machines
- connects hoses to spray machines and adjusts spray nozzles to required pressure
- secures items to be sprayed within spray booths or places them onto conveyors
- directs spray guns to apply even coatings
- moves items to drying areas and stacks them for further painting or packaging
- starts and monitors extractor and drying fans and heaters
- cleans, nozzles, containers and hoses of machines
- may operate paint dipping baths
- may mix coating solutions and regulate their temperature