2536-17 Film and Video Editor
Makes and implements editorial decisions regarding mood, pace and climax of films, television, video productions and commercials.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- trims and edits film or video segments and arranges and joins them in sequence to optimise intended message or story
- views processed film or video tape, to evaluate and select scenes and determine which scenes need to be re-shot
- works first hand with Directors and other production personnel during the editing process
- manages shot film and video tape from laboratory stage through post-production to completion
- edits and balances music and effects
- adds graphics, special effects and credits to films and video tapes
- selects stock shots from film and video library and edit and incorporate them into films
- may work with a Sound Technician