UNIT GROUP 2323 REGISTERED NURSES
REGISTERED NURSES provide nursing care for patients in hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities or other health care facilities and in the community.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- working in consultation with other health professionals and members of health teams
- assisting medical practitioners to examine patients, administer treatment and deliver babies
- administering medications and treatments
- observing, recording and reporting on patients' conditions and their reactions to drugs and other treatments
- promoting health and assisting in the prevention of ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- supervising and coordinating the work of enrolled nurses and other health care workers