UNIT GROUP 7992 PRODUCT QUALITY CONTROLLERS
PRODUCT QUALITY CONTROLLERS examine manufactured products or primary produce to ensure conformity to specifications and standards of presentation and quality.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- studying product specifications and taking measurements to determine conformity to specifications
- compiling quality assurance reports, maintaining documentation and reporting findings
- examining products for defects such as disease in food items or faults in timber
- designating grading of produce and recording details of assessments according to classification system
- collecting and labelling samples for inspection
- recording details of sampling procedures and sources of samples