3494-11 Massage Therapist
Performs therapeutic massage and administers body treatments for relaxation, health, fitness and remedial purposes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assesses and treats specific soft tissue dysfunction and provides rehabilitation advice
- massages injured and inactive soft tissues of the body to assist in the healing process
- massages the soft tissues of the body to relax the client and lessen tension
- uses techniques such as muscle stretching in the treatment of sporting injuries
- may employ other techniques, such as acupressure or Shiatsu, and complimentary aids such as infra red lamps, wet compresses, ice, essential oils and herbal and mineral therapies, to assist recovery
Chinese (Tui-Na) Masseur
Sports Medicine Masseur