Inspects, trims and shapes horse's hooves, and forms, fits and nails horseshoes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- inspects horses to check for deviations in motion, interference, peculiarities in gait or abnormalities in size and shape of hooves
- removes worn or defective shoes
- trims and shapes hooves
- measures hooves and estimates metal requirements
- makes shoes by heating, shaping and hammering and fits them to horse's hooves
- may specialise in corrective or surgical shoeing