MINOR GROUP 552 FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE CLERKS
FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE CLERKS receive deposits and pay out money in financial institutions, process credit, loan and insurance applications, maintain records of securities transactions and registrations, offer odds and accept bets, and compile data and undertake statistical and actuarial computations.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- answering customer inquiries about bank accounts, credit standing and loans
- receiving deposits of money from and paying withdrawals of money to customers, and crediting and debiting their accounts
- processing and authorising the approval of credit and loan applications
- offering and varying odds on sporting events, and accepting and paying out bets
- processing insurance applications, adjustments to cover and claims against policies
- maintaining records of securities registrations and transactions
- compiling tables, graphs and charts