2114-19 Agricultural Scientist
Studies commercial plants, animals and cultivation techniques to enhance the productivity of farms and agricultural industries.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studies the environmental factors affecting commercial crops, pasture and animal breeding
- studies the effects of cultivation techniques, soils, insects and plant diseases on animal and crop production
- prepares technical papers and reports describing the outcome of research
- develops procedures and techniques for solving agricultural problems or improving the efficiency of production
- may advise farmers on improving the production of crops and livestock
- may supervise and coordinate the work of technical officers and other workers