UNIT GROUP 2537 MUSICIANS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS
MUSICIANS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS write, arrange, orchestrate, perform and conduct musical compositions.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- auditioning and selecting musicians and singers, and selecting music for performances
- directing groups at rehearsals and performances to achieve effects such as tonal and harmonic balance, rhythm and tempo
- researching, preparing and rehearsing repertoire
- performing songs according to interpretation, direction and style of presentation
- playing music in recital, as an accompanist, or as a member of an orchestra, band or other musical group, from score or by memory
- providing musical backing for television commercials, popular contemporary recordings, radio, television or film
- creating melodic, harmonic and rhythmic structures to express ideas and emotions in musical form
- translating ideas and concepts into standard musical signs and symbols for reproduction and performance