UNIT GROUP 2246 LIBRARIANS
LIBRARIANS develop, organise and manage library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services.
Teacher-Librarians are excluded from this unit group. Teacher-Librarians are included in Minor Group 241 School Teachers.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- developing and implementing library and information policies and services
- examining publications and materials, interviewing publishers' representatives, and consulting with others to select library materials
- reviewing, evaluating and modifying services in response to user needs
- providing assistance to clients in accessing library resources
- managing library systems for recording and organising library holdings, acquisitions and purchases, reader registrations and loan transactions, and supervising indexing, filing and retrieval activities
- managing inter-library loan systems and information networks
- undertaking information research activities on behalf of clients
- selecting, ordering, classifying and cataloguing library and information resources
- monitoring collection development and culling programs
- supervising and training other library staff
- may plan and direct library promotion and outreach activities
Develops, organises and manages library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 1
Multicultural Services Librarian
Special Needs Librarian
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram