2294-11 Management Consultant
Assists clients to achieve greater efficiency in a business or organisation and solve organisational problems in fields such as personnel, information systems, finance, research and general business strategy.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assists and encourages the development of objectives, strategies and plans aimed at achieving customer satisfaction and the efficient use of an organisation's resources
- discusses business and organisational shortcomings with clients
- analyses and evaluates current systems and structures
- discusses current systems with staff and observes systems at all levels of organisation
- directs clients towards more efficient organisation and develops solutions to organisational problems
- plans the implementation of solutions
- educates staff regarding changes and trains them to work with new systems
- evaluates the change process and informs clients on progress in addressing project objectives
- liaises with client on an ongoing basis, to maintain and develop the business relationship, ensure satisfaction with services provided, and identify opportunities for further consulting work
- may assist with implementation of action endorsed by organisation's management, and periodically review impact of changes arising