UNIT GROUP 4944 LEATHER GOODS, CANVAS GOODS AND SAIL MAKERS
LEATHER GOODS, CANVAS GOODS AND SAIL MAKERS fabricate and repair leather, canvas and sail-cloth articles, excluding footwear, clothing and furniture.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- cutting and preparing leather, canvas or sail-cloth to design specifications, patterns or drawings
- joining parts of leather articles using rivets, hand sewing, sewing machine, tools or adhesive
- restoring and repairing leather articles
- sewing, gluing or riveting sections of canvas together to make articles such as awnings, tents, tarpaulins and horse rugs
- attaching grommets, fastenings and other fittings to canvas goods
- fabricating sails