7291-11 General Plastics Production Machine Operator
Operates extruding, injection moulding or blow moulding machines to produce finished plastic products.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- sets controls and starts machines, monitors their operation and ensures that raw material inputs are maintained
- performs adjustments to die or mould settings
- checks finished products for defects
- notifies supervisor or maintenance staff of machine malfunctions or defective products
- maintains machine and production records
- may trim, cut, stack or collate finished products
Blow Moulding Machine Operator
Extruding Machine Operator
Injection Moulding Machine Operator
Lamination Machine Operator
Plastic Production Machine Setter