UNIT GROUP 4943 FOOTWEAR TRADESPERSONS
FOOTWEAR TRADESPERSONS make and repair boots or shoes.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- designing patterns or prototypes
- making and grading patterns using manual or computerised methods
- clicking synthetics, corrected grains, leather linings and leather outers by hand or machine
- lasting shoes by hand or machine
- cleaning and finishing shoes
- altering and repairing footwear
- assessing client needs and advising on appropriate medical grade footwear or appliance
- supplying semi-orthopaedic and extra-depth footwear, post-operative shoes and ready-made or therapeutic footwear