1111-17 Tribunal Member
Hears industrial, administrative and other disputes to assist in resolving differences and to arbitrate on issues.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years relevant experience.
- confers with parties attending the tribunal separately or collectively to obtain their attitudes on contentious issues
- interprets laws in relation to cases in dispute
- acts as a channel of communication between the parties, conducting meetings with them separately
- exercises arbitral powers if resolution is not achieved or seems improbable through conciliation
- chairs meetings to reach solutions to disputes
- prepares settlement memoranda and obtains signatures of parties
- may call compulsory conferences to achieve resolutions
- may hear witnesses called by the parties or by tribunals, and take evidence on oath or affirmation
- may authorise inspections on behalf of tribunals or conduct inspections at which the parties are present
Administrative Appeals Tribunal Member
Conciliation and Arbitration Commissioner