UNIT GROUP 3922 GRAPHIC PRE-PRESS TRADES WORKERS
GRAPHIC PRE-PRESS TRADES WORKERS manipulate, set and compose text and graphics into a format suitable for printing and other visual media.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- operating graphic cameras and other photographic equipment to reproduce camera-ready copy onto films, plates and digital output devices
- using computer applications to generate images, text, layouts and impositions for print and other visual media displays
- operating plate making equipment to reproduce images from film to printing plates, digital output devices and presses
- operating computer screen-based equipment for scanning, colour separation, colour correction, masking, creative design, combining, imposing, retouching, and other processes used to transfer copy to film and produce film for plate, digital output and cylinder productions
- carrying out digital and chemical proofing from digital systems, and negative and positive films
- evaluating printed proofs, checking and correcting them for quality
- preparing and exposing carbon tissue for laying on cylinders by transfer method, and developing images
392211 Graphic Pre-press Trades Worker
392211 GRAPHIC PRE-PRESS TRADES WORKER
Manipulates, sets and composes text and graphics into a format suitable for printing and other visual media.
Skill Level: 3
Desktop Publishing Operator
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram