DATA ITEM LIST
The 2013 SEW TableBuilder file contains approximately 43,600 confidentialised respondent records from the survey and includes around 70 data items that are available for cross tabulation (although some restrictions may apply). A complete list of the data items available for use, including relevant population and classification details, can be found in the Excel spreadsheet in the Downloads tab.
The data item list spreadsheet comprises 11 worksheets covering:
- Table of contents
- List of population descriptions
- Data items on demographic characteristics
- Data items on labour force characteristics
- Data items on education in current year
- Data items on highest educational attainment
- Data items on education in previous year
- Data items on time left study
- Data items on apprenticeships/traineeships
- Data items on unmet demand for apprenticeships/traineeships
- List of population data items.
The 'Population descriptions' worksheet provides a list of the various populations, and an associated code number, that are applicable to the data items available in TableBuilder. The code number (and hence relevant population) is shown alongside each data item throughout the spreadsheet to indicate which population each particular data item relates to. For example, the data item 'Occupation of work in current job' in the 'Labour force' worksheet has the population code number 2, so by referring to the population description, this occupation data item relates to 'Employed persons'.
The 'Population data items' worksheet includes those data items that have been specifically derived to enable easy filtering for particular population groups. For example, the population data item 'P7. Persons aged 15-24 years' can be used to filter this specific population in tables rather than using the actual age group data item.
Users intending to purchase the 2013 SEW TableBuilder should ensure that the data they require, and the level of detail needed, are available and applicable for the intended use.