CONDITIONS OF RELEASE
CONDITIONS OF RELEASE
The February 2006 LFS and Labour Mobility Basic CURF is released in accordance with a Ministerial Determination (Clause 7, Statutory Rules 1983, No.19) in pursuance of section 13 of the Census and Statistics Act 1905. As required by the Determination, the CURF has been designed so that the information on the file is not likely to enable the identification of the particular person to which it relates.
The Australian Statistician's approval is required for each release of the CURF. In addition and prior to being granted access to the CURF, all organisations, and individuals within organisations, who request access to the CURF will be required to sign an Undertaking to abide by the legislative restrictions on use. Organisations and individuals who seek access to the 2006 LFS and Labour Mobility Basic CURF are required to give an undertaking which includes, among other conditions, that in using the CURF data they will:
Use of the data for statistical purposes means use of the content of the CURF to produce information of a statistical nature, i.e. the arrangement and classification of numerical facts or data, including statistical analyses or statistical aggregates. Examples of statistical purposes are:
- use the data only for the statistical purposes specified
- not attempt to identify particular persons or organisations
- not disclose, either directly or indirectly, the data to any other person or organisation other than members of their organisation who have been approved by the ABS to have individual access to the information
- not attempt to match, with or without using identifiers, the data with any other list of persons or organisations
- in relation to data made available via the Remote Access Data Laboratory (RADL) or the ABS Site Data Laboratory (ABSDL), access the data only in a manner specifically authorised in writing by the ABS
- not attempt to access the data after the term of their authorisation expires, or after their authorisation is rescinded by the organisation which provided it, or after they cease to be a member of that organisation.
All CURF users are required to read and abide by the 'Responsible Access to ABS Confidentialised Unit Record Files (CURFs) Training Manual' available on the ABS website <https://www.abs.gov.au> Services We Provide> CURF Microdata> Accessing CURF Microdata>. Use of the data for unauthorised purposes may render the purchaser liable to severe penalties. Advice on the propriety of any particular intended use of the data is available from the Microdata Access Strategies Section via <email@example.com> or on (02) 6252 7714.
- manipulation of the data to produce means, correlations or other descriptive or summary measures
- estimation of population characteristics
- use of data as input to mathematical models or for other types of analysis (e.g. factor analysis)
- providing graphical or pictorial representations of the characteristics of the population or subsets of the population.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
All ABS products and services are provided subject to the ABS conditions of sale. Any queries relating to these Conditions of Sale should be referred to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
While the utmost care is taken in handling each CURF on CD-ROM, deterioration may occur between the time of copying and receipt of the file. Accordingly, if the CD-ROM is unreadable on receipt and this is reported to the ABS within 30 days of receipt, it will be replaced free of charge.
As at April 2007, the recommended retail price of the February 2006 LFS and Labour Mobility Basic CURF on CD-ROM or via the RADL is $1,320 including GST.
ACCESSING THE CURF
All clients wishing to access the February 2006 LFS and Labour Mobility Basic CURF should refer to the ABS website, <https://www.abs.gov.au> Services We Provide> CURF Microdata> and read the 'Responsible Access to ABS Confidentialised Unit Record Files (CURFs) Training Manual', and other relevant information, before downloading the appropriate Application and Undertaking forms and applying for access.
University clients should refer to the ABS website <https://www.abs.gov.au> Services We Provide> Services for Universities>. The 2006 LFS and Labour Mobility Basic CURF can be accessed by universities participating in the ABS/Australian Vice-Chancellors' Committee (AVCC) CURF agreement for research and teaching purposes.
Other prospective clients should contact the Microdata Access Strategies Section of the ABS via <email@example.com> or on (02) 6252 7714.
Access to the full detail from the survey (including data items excluded from the CURF) is only available through tables produced by the ABS. Requirements for these tables should be discussed with the Labour Market Statistics section on (02) 6252 7206.
For further information about accessing the CURF, clients should contact the Microdata Access Strategies Section of the ABS via <firstname.lastname@example.org> or on (02) 6252 7714. The CURF is not available on CD-ROM to overseas customers.