UNIT GROUP 4115 PRECISION METAL TRADESPERSONS
PRECISION METAL TRADESPERSONS fabricate, assemble, maintain and repair metal precision instruments.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assembling parts and sub-assemblies of precision implements, locks, timepieces and firearms
- calibrating precision instruments using standard weights and measures, jigs and fixtures and hand tools to adjust and align parts and small balancing weights
- dismantling precision instruments, locks, timepieces and fire arms, repairing or replacing defective parts and reassembling article using hand or power tools or specially designed machines
- testing circuits in electronic timepieces
- installing security systems, changing tumblers in locks, changing locks, cutting keys and opening locks by manipulation
- making blades for circular, band or other power saws or repairing, setting and sharpening blades for hand or power saws
- inscribing letters, figures and designs on surfaces of jewellery, trophies or other ornamental items