Historical revisions have been made to incorporate the latest data relating to international trade in goods and services since the last issue of this publication.
On an international merchandise trade basis, exports and imports of goods have been revised back to February 2018.
On a balance of payments basis, historical revisions have been applied to:
- goods credits back to July 2014
- goods debits back to August 2015
- services credits and debits back to July 2014.
Table 17 summarises revisions to goods and services on a balance of payments basis since the last issue of this publication. In original current price terms, the revisions have:
- increased the deficit on goods and services for 2014-15 by $101m
- increased the deficit on goods and services for 2015-16 by $178m
- decreased the surplus on goods and services for 2016-17 by $72m
- increased the surplus on goods and services for 2017-18 by $639m
- decreased the surplus on goods and services for July 2018 by $132m.