Historical revisions have been made to incorporate the latest data relating to international trade in goods and services since the last issue of this publication.
On an international merchandise trade basis, revisions have been applied to:
- exports of goods back to February 2017
- imports of goods back to April 2005.
On a balance of payments basis, historical revisions have been applied to:
- goods credits back to March 2007
- goods debits back to April 2005
- services credits back to January 1998
- services debits back to July 1971.
Table 17 summarises revisions to goods and services on a balance of payments basis, in original current price terms, since the last issue of this publication. In original terms, the revisions have:
- decreased the surplus on goods and services for 2016-17 by $799m
- increased the surplus on goods and services for July 2017 by $30m.