7291-17 Plastic Cablemaking Machine Operator
Operates extruding machines to encase wire, cord, cable or optic fibre in rubber or plastic.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- prepares dies, guides and guide holders in extruding machines
- prepares production materials and raw material supplies
- sets temperature controls of presses
- loads wire or cable supplies into machines and attaches to take up reels
- monitors and adjusts controls to regulate the speed, pressure, temperature, flow and cooling aspects of machine operation
- may braid, weld or splice wires
- may bunch, strand, lay-up, armour or screen cable
Insulation Extruder Operator
Optic Fibre Drawer