3399-27 Theatre or Cinema Manager
Organises and controls the operations of a theatre or cinema.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- develops and implements business plans, budgets, policies and procedures
- researches, selects and schedules programs
- arranges promotional displays and advertising
- determines and sets seating prices
- maintains and monitors business records and prepares financial statements and reports
- selects, trains and supervises staff
- ensures compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- ensures that cash handling and security procedures are observed
- may plan and oversee the operations of facilities such as retail stores and supplementary entertainment areas