MINOR GROUP 332 FLOOR FINISHERS AND PAINTING TRADES WORKERS
FLOOR FINISHERS AND PAINTING TRADES WORKERS install and repair soft and resilient floor coverings, and apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate the surfaces of buildings and structures.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- measuring areas to be covered and consulting plans to estimate quantities of floor covering materials required
- preparing surfaces by removing old floor coverings, paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, smoothing and sealing surfaces, and removing baseboard trims
- measuring, cutting and fixing underlay materials
- laying underlay and covering materials on floors, matching patterns, cutting shapes around fixtures and trimming edges
- selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, thinning and drying additives
- applying paints, varnishes and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers and sprays, and hanging wallpaper
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram