7112-11 Forklift Driver
Operates forklifts to move bulk materials, containers, crates, palletised goods, cartons and bales.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- operates controls to align forklifts and raise or lower forks to stack and unstack articles in warehouses, factories, timber yards or shipping terminals
- operates forklifts which run on rails or use electronic guidance systems to control movements in narrow aisles
- inspects and controls equipment to identify wear and damage
- controls or adjusts the operation of equipment
- monitors equipment operation visually, through gauges and instruments or through computerised monitoring equipment
- may compile shift operation reports, recording levels of productivity and breakdowns
- may operate specialised trucks to carry materials or containers beneath elevated frames