1367.2 - State and Regional Indicators, Victoria, Sep 2009  
ARCHIVED ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 12/11/2009   
   Page tools: Print Print Page Print all pages in this productPrint All  
Contents >> Work and Income >> Labour Force Survey sample size


The reinstatement of the Labour Force Survey (LFS) sample commenced in September 2009 and will continue until December 2009. Private dwellings in larger urban centres and less remote areas and Indigenous community dwellings represent 87% of the reinstated sample nationally and will be progressively reinstated over the four months. The remaining 13%, dwellings in the more remote, less populated areas and for non-private dwellings, will be fully re-instated in October 2009.

The full sample reinstatement will decrease the standard errors on LFS estimates by approximately 15%, with gradual improvement from September 2009.

Detailed information about the sample reinstatement is available in Information Paper: Labour Force Survey Sample Design, Nov 2007 (Third Edition) (cat. no. 6269.0).

Previous PageNext Page