UNIT GROUP 3294 COMPUTING SUPPORT TECHNICIANS
COMPUTING SUPPORT TECHNICIANS provide technical advice and support to users of computer software and hardware.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- adapting existing programs to meet users' requirements
- answering queries on software and hardware problems
- installing and downloading appropriate software
- ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment