UNIT GROUP 9914 SURVEY HANDS
SURVEY HANDS perform routine tasks to assist surveyors or geologists.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- transporting, assembling, dismantling, maintaining, laying out and retrieving prospecting and surveying equipment
- clearing brush and debris from lines of survey and marking trees or terrain to indicate survey lines
- holding levelling staffs vertically at points indicated by surveyors to determine elevations and calling out or noting survey readings
- measuring distances between survey points and marking measured points
- cutting, making, flagging stakes and driving into ground to indicate grade settings, markers or boundaries
- collecting and labelling samples