This document was added 08/11/2018.
This release includes corrections to two data items in the Data Item List.
Variables 'Whether experienced physical abuse before age 15' and 'Whether experienced sexual abuse before age 15' required the labelling of categories 1 and 2 to be reversed, so that 'more than once' experiences are category 1 and 'once' are category 2.
This release includes minor wording updates/corrections to the following chapters:
- Ancestry and Language - In the Comparisons with Other Cycles table, removed reference to 1996 and 2016 being comparable to 2012 for 'COB of Parents' .
- Violence - Prevalence - Corrected reference to being six key perpetrator types rather than five in the Relationship to perpetrator section.
- General Safety - In the Definitions section, added 'alone' to using and waiting for public transport after dark topic.
- Stalking - In the Comparisons with Other Cycles table, corrected the 2016 timeframe reference to be Whether experienced stalking since the age of 15, rather than in lifetime.
- Data Output and Dissemination - With the release of the microdata products, removed the statement that microdata will be available in early 2018 under 'Access to Microdata'.
In addition the Data Item List located in the Downloads tab has been updated to include new data items.