What is it?
QuickStats is a fast, simple way to understand an area or a topic of interest at a glance.
QuickStats for Areas gives a quick snapshot of Census information for a chosen area. It includes data on people, their families and dwellings in which they live.
QuickStats for Topics provides an overview of all the different data items from the Census.
QuickStats features are as follows:
Who is it for?
- snapshot summaries of Census data for a selected region or topic
- graphic representations of the data
- easy to use on-line product
- easy navigation to other products to further analyse the data
- easy to print, or copy the content straight into documents or presentations.
QuickStats is for anyone who wants quick summary information about an area or topic.
It is designed for:
- people wanting simple Census information
- business owners
It is frequently used for assignments, presentations, proposals, purchasing and travel planning.
If QuickStats doesn't give users the level of detail they are looking for, they can explore the data more deeply through the direct links to Community Profiles and TableBuilder Basic.
When will it be available?
Data from the 2016 Census will be available in QuickStats from mid 2017, as part of the first data release.
Exact dates and details of data items included in each release will be available in the publication Census of Population and Housing - Products and Services, 2016 (cat. no. 2011.0.55.001) due for release in the first half of 2016.
What does it look like?
Visit the QuickStats page.