2016 CENSUS DICTIONARY
What is it?
The Census Dictionary (cat. no. 2901.0) is a comprehensive reference guide. It describes the full range of standard data items available for use in Census products and the classifications used in coding these responses.
It is available by clicking on the next to a chosen topic when using Census on-line products or directly from the ABS website.
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to know more information about what data is available from the Census.
What does it include?
The Dictionary will:
When will it be available?
- have a full list of all standard output data items and associated classifications
- have a glossary with definitions of Census terms
- provide information on how to determine and specify data requirements
- provide information about what's new in the 2016 Census and what has changed since the 2011 Census
- have intuitive on-line search functionality
- include sample copies of the 2016 Census paper forms for viewing and download.
The 2016 Census Dictionary is planned for release on the ABS website in May 2016.
What does it look like?
Visit the Census Dictionary, 2011
(cat. no. 2901.0)