|Page tools: Print Page Print All|
The ABS Forward Work Program provides the schedule of statistical releases over the next four years. This program does not include experimental estimates and research papers produced. In addition to the official releases listed in this program, the ABS generates a significant number of customised data products to meet the needs of specific clients.
This program was developed through extensive consultation with government, key stakeholders including users of statistics, other government entities and a range of non-government organisations such as community groups and industry bodies.
The statistical work program is classified into three tiers to assist with prioritising resources. This tiering was developed in consultation with a wide range of stakeholders.
Tier 1 Statistics that are considered to be the foundation work of a national statistical organisation.
Tier 2 Important areas of statistics where there is a significant government outlay or where there is a significant public policy interest.
Tier 3 Other important statistical work that is currently undertaken to meet identified user requirements that could be deemed as falling beyond Tiers 1 and 2.
Forward Work Program 2020-21 to 2023-24
1. Re-based every five years following Census.
2. Final release in 2020-21.
3. Final release in 2020-21.
4. Outputs will be released in 2024-25.
5. Outputs will be released in 2024-25.
6. An extra cycle of the Survey of Income and Housing will be run in 2020-21, with results to be published in 2022-23, to help measure the impact of COVID-19 on Australian households.
These documents will be presented in a new window.